With the past few years of staying in and not getting to celebrate in big groups of people, 2022 is the year of reemergence to celebrate together. While there are many events to go to all over the world it may be a bit stressful getting ready for them and deciding which to attend. Here are some helpful tips to get you back out there.
1. First check out gaypridecalendar.com to find the events in your city or simply google your city's name and 'pride events'.
2. Once you've narrowed down the events that sound fun, order merch immediately! Shipping times have been slow recently with everything happening in the world so you want to make sure you give extra time for everything to arrive. Make sure to support business that donate some of the proceeds back into supporting the community. We've chosen to support The Trevor Project this year, and offer tote bags, t-shirts, hoodies and other great merch. Check it out here.
3. Now that you're ready to go let's talk day of. What else should you bring or be prepared for? Here's a list of our top recommendations:
- Your Friends!
- No celebration is complete without the girls, gays, and theys! Start the party off right with the people who love you for you!
- A pride-themed playlist
- It's time to get your energy high to scream your pride from the rooftops, a little Gaga never hurt anyone.
- Your most colorful makeup
- Let's face it makeup is fun and a great way to express yourself, it's time to let your pride shine.
- LOTS of water
- We all know it's important to stay hydrated especially if you are hitting up some Pride Parades, no one want to pay for expensive water while you're celebrating.
- While you may be in and out of bars their may be little to no shade on your parade route, bright red skin is definitely going to clash with your rainbow.
- Comfortable shoes
- You're going to be on your feet most of the day, unless you're a seasoned pro in heels make sure to bring some back up shoes or just skip the heels altogether for this one.
- A tote bag
- Buttons, Stickers, Beads, oh my! You will definitely get free merch and handouts throughout these events, so make sure you have somewhere to keep everything. Check out this love is love tote!
- Your Pride Flag
- More than just rainbows, there are many colors to represent each unique person, make instant connections with other's by waving yours high!
Let us know your top tips for Pride and celebrate LGBTQIA+ Pride with South By Sea's Pride Collection of tote bags, t-shirts, hoodies and other great accessories 10% of your purchase will be donated to The Trevor Project.